Tuesday, April 26, 2005

MacGyver News Reference of the week

Okay, so maybe I'm a little protective of the term MacGyver. I thinks it's great that "to macgyver" something means to improvise a solution out of everyday materials. But for some reason I don't find making a splint out of socks and newspapers to be particularly MacGyveresque. I mean, aren't splints always improvised out of what's lying around? If you break your leg and you're not in a hospital, then you're going to need a splint. So you pick up a couple of sticks and some duct tape, boom you got a splint. Splints are always MacGyvered for Christmas sakes, so do you really need to say that a splint made of socks and newspaper is in some way extra MacGyver-y. *sigh* Anyway, here's the article that annoyed me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home