Tuesday, August 09, 2005

MacGyver in the Lab - Accidentally creating waterproof paper

Recently, I read a really good book called Serendipity: Accidental Discoveries in Science by Royston Roberts. It's fairly old, published in 1989, I found it on a friend's bookshelf. Basically, it's a historical survey of important discoveries made by accident, with a hefty portion devoted to chemistry. As a MacGyver geek, I love chemistry and as a former English Lit major, I don't know enough about it.

Anyway, I bring it up because recently a scientist discovered a process for making paper waterproof. She described the discovery as the result of some MacGyver-like ingenuity, and thus I bring it to you, the reader. Enjoy.

http://news.com.com/Making+paper+waterproof--and+writable/2100-7337_3-5823337.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home