Tuesday, November 28, 2006

MacGyver Appeal

Just musing here, but if MacGyver was ugly would he still have fans? I just stumbled across a pencil drawing of RDA (the young RDA) on another blog and my first thought was "how sad, someone spent their weekend sketching a publicity photo from the eighties."

If you ask me, the core of the MacGyver appeal is his ingenuity. But hey, I wrote a book about his cool tricks so I guess I'm biased. And I'm also a straight male, so I have never found myself fantasizing playing boy scout with RDA. So again, biased.

Anyway, if anyone cares to comment: which is more important to MacGyver fans: RDA or how he used the knife?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I had a choice between a book with RDA half naked or a book on MacGyver's cool tricks then I choose the cool tricks. I fell 'inlove' with MacGyver's character before I fell 'inlove' with RDA. And yes I am a straight chick and I do think RDA is gorgeous. Then again, this is MacGyver News, not RDA News

Scar

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the original appeal came from RDA's handsomeness, but people also came to love the idea of what MacGyver does as well.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Thor said...

I fell in love with RDA in Stargate, which led me to watch macgyver.

I don't think it's either. I think it's his wit.

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home